[Wikipedia-l] Montenegrin Wikipedia should be opened

Berto albertoserra at ukr.net
Wed Nov 15 02:51:45 UTC 2006

Hi!

> What I want to know is -why- they don't want to work with the
> Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian/Serbo-Croatian Wikipedias.
It's their right to choose how to behave. But having said that I'll never
support a Montenegrin edition. I'll rather vote for unifying all
serbo-croatian entries into one, based on linguistics. Wikipedia is NOT a
place for people to create virtual nations or to confirm newly made nations
at international level. Things would be different IF and when an ISO code
would be issued OR there would be any evidence of the historical existence
of a Montenegrin language. You don't have any of the two, at the moment.

Not meaning that I like Montenegro or that I do not. I simply cannot see any
of the WMF policies taking national states into account (let alone funding,
where sadly we do need "chapters" to deal with states and the everchanging
intricacy of their laws). If you don't mind my quoting the Cure... "Sorry
Milos, wrong number":))) Pls don't get upset, it's really just a "wrong
number", nothing personal. Here we deal with languages and the way they are
internationally recognised, politics and opinion polls are simply none of
our bag.

Bèrto