[Wikipedia-l] Semi-protection

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 13:29:22 UTC 2006

On 14/11/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is that a general trends in all languages wikipedias ? Or only english
> wikipedia ?
>
> Are other projects using semi-protection liberally as well ?

I believe .de has historically been very liberal with full protection;
I don't know how this has changed with sprotection. Gmaxwell (?) ran
some statistics on long-term-protection of pages on various projects a
while ago - if he (or whoever it was) is listening, any chance of an
update?

(As an aside, I wonder how much of this sprotection will fall by the
wayside as soon as we get some kind of stable versioning in, even if
it's just a five-minute "public update" lag...)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk