[Wikipedia-l] Arbitrators exempt from WP:CIVIL & WP:LIVING?

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 14:17:34 UTC 2006

Reading over my last e-mail, I get the feeling that it was a bit more
anti-establishment than was intended.

Yes, some people in positions of authority are perhaps a bit too blunt
or confrontational. Nobody's perfect. But they also have lots of
responsibilities that they do take care of. It's not as if there are
"perfect" people standing by just waiting to replace them. You take
what you can get. Wikipedia is all-volunteer. As long as they aren't
complete asshats, people who can do a good job are trusted with power
here in spite of their shortcomings. Bad behaviour on the part of
authority figures is only reprimanded when it is bad enough that it
interferes with the progress of the project in general. You may not
like it if an arbiter essentially insulted you, but really, how
important is that in the scheme of things? By whinging, you are not
helping your case. Wikipedia does not appreciate whinging, no matter
how valid it is, because we get so much whinging that is, well,
invalid.

Mark

--
Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.