[Wikipedia-l] bel.wikipedia.org Request

rty yui a7286517tgyty at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 21:42:31 UTC 2006

Request for wikipedia in Modern Normative Belarusian (proposed as "Belarusian (Orthography Revison of 1959) language (which is official in Republic of Belarus) has been in "Request for new language" since July of 2006.
Since that time it collected more than 100 (108) voices for support and 35 voices for oppose.
Since August of 2006 there is Test wikipedia in Normative Modern Belarusian language ( http://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/be ) which now has more than 2500(!) articles in it.
Recently the request collect enough voices (3/4) for support (including 15(!) native speakers - actually there were more fluent speakers as many comments are written in modern belarusian language to get moved to "Approved requests".
  Can we, please, get a wikipedia now?
  We requested domain bel.wikipedia.org as it's official ISO 639-2,3 code for modern belarusian language, and because be.wikipedia.org is taken by alternative belarusian language (unofficial s.c. "neo-tarashkevich" belarusian language that differs much from Normative Modern Belarusian language).
  Or, maybe, our team should contact a developer to get a wikipedia?
  Thank you forward!