[Wikipedia-l] New at starting a wiki

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 21:49:43 UTC 2006

"Steve"
> Yeh. Not the most helpful but I've installed it before. When I did the
> process was somewhat rocky and I had to login to the IRC channel to get
> all
> kinds of specific help. Surely its a lot smoother now. Hopefully, anyway.
> =)
>
> -S

I haven't got problems for the installing. Uncompress the files, go with the
browser and have the php install do almost everything. At last you need to
copy LocalSettings.php from the config folder to the mediawiki root.
Launching it is easy. It's a bit more difficult for more complex installs
;-)

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download