[Wikipedia-l] Moldovan wikipedia, again

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 00:56:37 UTC 2006

If Wikipedias with no native contributors are so evil, why don't you
request locking of the over 100 Wikipedias for which this is the case?

You might say that none of them have any people writing, but that is
not true. Wikipedias such as the Lingala Wikipedia (ln.wp) are filled
with content created by non-native speakers, and you aren't
complaining about them. Why is that? Why don't you go on a crusade to
close the Lingala Wikipedia? Or the Maori Wikipedia?

Mark

On 29/06/06, Jacky PB <dpotop1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello Gerard,
>
> I don't really understand what you are implying.
>
> But I can repeat why we ask for the deletion of
> mo.wikipedia (all of these are already proven in
>
> 1. There is no community. Nobody on wikipedia is both
> interested in having it and able to contribute.
>
> 2. All content is copied from ro.wikipedia and
> transliterated. There are better, already tested ways
> of changing script, if someone wants it.
>
> 3. In the current status, mo.wikipedia is in fact a
> heaven for trolls of all sorts.
>
> Of course, deletion needs not be permanent. As soon as
> the condition 1 becomes false (as soon as a community
> forms), the moldovan wikipedia can be re-created.
>
> Yours,
> Jacky
>
> --- Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Liviu Andronic wrote:
> > > ... The big issue comes mainly from the
> > desinformation that mo.wikipediacreates.
> > >
> > > The content that is currently on mo.wikipedia is
> > written in a language that
> > > is not used any more in the Republic of Moldova.
> > It could be argued that
> > > Moldovan is used by a minority in the territory of
> > Moldova (in private and
> > > personal matters), and by a part of population
> > (mainly Moldovan schools) in
> > > Transnistria.  Please note that Cyrillic Moldovan
> > is not used on a large
> > > scale (that is, generally speaking, you won't
> > encounter Moldovan Cyrillic
> > > anywhere in Moldova). At least for Moldova, I can
> > assure you, as I am a
> > > native Moldovan. As far as Transnistria is
> > concerned, I really doubt it.
> > >  Even the   official presidential website
> > > <http://www.president-pmr.org/>doesn't
> > > contain any Cyrillic Moldovan content. ...
> > >
> > Hoi,
> > Either the information is correct, and given that it
> > is said to be
> > information from the Romanian language Wikipedia it
> > should be both
> > correct and NPOV. If it is not correct or NPOV,
> > /both/ the Romanian and
> > the Moldovian language Wikipedia are to be
> > considered problematic. All
> > the rest is very much politics, posturing and
> > intransigence.
> >
> > I am sure that this continued existence is best
> > ignored. Consider you
> > are either a party to this dispute or you could not
> > care less. When  the
> > argument is that the mo wikipedia is occupied by
> > trolls, remember they
> > thrive by getting attention.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >    GerardM

Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.