[Wikipedia-l] Moldovan wikipedia, again

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 17:23:18 UTC 2006

Liviu Andronic wrote:
> ... The big issue comes mainly from the desinformation that mo.wikipediacreates.
>
> The content that is currently on mo.wikipedia is written in a language that
> is not used any more in the Republic of Moldova. It could be argued that
> Moldovan is used by a minority in the territory of Moldova (in private and
> personal matters), and by a part of population (mainly Moldovan schools) in
> Transnistria.  Please note that Cyrillic Moldovan is not used on a large
> scale (that is, generally speaking, you won't encounter Moldovan Cyrillic
> anywhere in Moldova). At least for Moldova, I can assure you, as I am a
> native Moldovan. As far as Transnistria is concerned, I really doubt it.
>  Even the   official presidential website
> <http://www.president-pmr.org/>doesn't
> contain any Cyrillic Moldovan content. ...

Hoi,
Either the information is correct, and given that it is said to be
information from the Romanian language Wikipedia it should be both
correct and NPOV. If it is not correct or NPOV, /both/ the Romanian and
the Moldovian language Wikipedia are to be considered problematic. All
the rest is very much politics, posturing and intransigence.

I am sure that this continued existence is best ignored. Consider you
are either a party to this dispute or you could not care less. When  the
argument is that the mo wikipedia is occupied by trolls, remember they
thrive by getting attention.

Thanks,
   GerardM