[Wikipedia-l] Moldovan wikipedia: hands waiving is not proof

Jacky PB dpotop1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 08:26:03 UTC 2006

Hello everybody,

After sending my point of view here, I presumed someone was going to investigate the matter, by asking questions and LOOKING DIRECTLY AT THE FACTS. To my surprise, this did not happen (maybe every high-rank admin is in vacations?).

As I noticed in my initial post of June 24th, the this lack of decision can only lead to the situation coarsing, and the various parts stacking all sorts of  oppinions. This is true for the Romanians and for the few Romanian-speaking Moldovans that support the deletion of this wikipedia. This is also true for Mark Williamson (User:Node_ue) and for the Russians that support him. There is no nativ Moldovan speaker supporting mo.wikipedia.

Now, to come back to the facts. I suggest reading my post of June 24th, which is not, as Mark says, too high-level. It mainly notices three facts, that can easily be checked (despite all the hands-waving of Mark):

1.  THERE IS NO NATIVE MOLDOVAN SPEAKER HERE ON WIKIPEDIA.

2.  99% of the articles of mo.wikipedia have been copied from ro.wikipedia with just the script changed from Latin to Cyrillic, by Mark (Usedr:Node_ue).

All the other users on mo.wikipedia are either against Mark (including some trolls), or create 1-line incorrect articles, or simply move around interwiki links to give the impression something happens.

This means that there is NO COMMUNITY, and that mo.wikipedia is nothing more than a political statement without any other content. Is this the vocation of wikipedia?

MY SUGGESTION: LOOK AT THE FACTS DIRECTLY on mo.wikipedia. Hands waiving and sending message after message with FUD is the strong point of Mark. But he cannot alter edit histories, nor user lists.

Please, look at the facts yourself.

Yours,
[[:en:User:Dpotop]], [[:ro:User:Dpotop]]