[Wikipedia-l] Use of images (again)

Berto albertoserra at ukr.net
Wed Jun 28 02:23:39 UTC 2006

----- Исходное сообщение -----
От: "Matt Brown" <morven at gmail.com>
Кому: <wikipedia-l at wikimedia.org>
Отправлено: 28 июня 2006 г. 4:41
Тема: Re: [Wikipedia-l] Use of images (again)

> On 6/27/06, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry, but that's not going to happen. The lawyers (baffingly) seem to
> > be happy with the current situation where total amatuers try to
> > untangle international copyright all by their lonesome. Go figure.
>
> Unfortunately, I believe, trying to set a policy could be interpreted
> as the Wikimedia Foundation taking responsibility for it too, rather
> than leaving the responsibility for copyright infringement on the
> uploading users, as it should be.

It's okay 4 me. Let's give the cops the guy's IP and that's it... I'll
propose to pms to publish a guide telling people in BIG black capitals that
whatever they do, they do it at their own personal risk. And that they
should better get themselves a lawyer before uploading pics :) The rest will
simply be a translation of the @ en.wiki policy. Since it's the bigger
edition, it's also got to have the huger amount of pics. And if they
survived with their policy so far, it means that we can survive, too.

Bèrto