[Wikipedia-l] Moldovan wikipedia, again

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 13:10:45 UTC 2006

> Remember, you decided to leave the Moldovan wikipedia freezed, but not completely deleted. Now, its unique contributor [[:en:User:Node_ue]], is back (probably on school holiday), with his anti-Romanian edits. I cite from [[:mo:Wikipedia_talk:Administrator]]:

No -- that was the decision of a single person, Anthere.

> <i> Please don't write in Romanian here, write Moldovan. Every time you write Romanian on the Moldovan wikipedia, god kills a kitten. </i>

Oh no! Anti-Romanian! And in case you lost your sense of humour during
your little outing last night, I shall inform you: that was a joke.

> No to mention that he initiated a vote to become again sysop, then tried to falsify the results (because they were not favourable). The current version of the page [[:mo:Wikipedia:Administrator]] is that rigged by Node_ue, but take a look at the history on the vote page [http://mo.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Administrator&oldid=11594], which shows the true result of the vote according to the original rules set by Node_ue.

Oh noes! Rigged voting! That stinks of... wait for it... Moldovans!
Since, of course, your favourite Moldovan, Pavel, did that himself by
removing all opposing votes at your favourite election.

But wait! The "original rules" set by me included, in no particular
order -- voters must be ACTIVE USERS, and the vote lasted no longer
than 1 day. All oppose votes were placed by INACTIVE USERS or
NONUSERS, and AFTER the voting period had elapsed.

On the contrary, all SUPPORT votes were placed by ACTIVE USERS before
the period had elapsed.

> After this, he managed to invite the entire Russian wikipedia to take position on a language they know nothing about here: [[:meta:Proposals for closing projects]]. Take a look at his post here [[:ru:Википедия:Форум/Новости#Moldovan]], and notice the blatant lie concerning the cyrillic script (whereas the problem is in fact the absence of Moldovan editors).

OH NOES!!! Surely, Romanians know more about Transnistrian linguistic
issues than Russians do? Since, of course, Cluj is SOOO MUCH CLOSER to
Dubasari than ANY Russian city.

Then notice, with a machine translator, that the RUSSIANS DID NOT CARE
whether the problem was as I said, or as you said.

And obviously, it's as you said -- nearly everyone was all "BOO HOO!!!
Cyrillic is an insult to Moldovans!". Only a handful of people said
"We want Moldovan editors."

> In the meantime, Node_ue is copying articles from ro.wiki to mo.wiki and pretends they are in a different language.

Show me a single copied article. You need to read up some more on
English -- when you copy something, you copy it. I did not "copy" any
article. Copy, means lift directly. And nobody asked me what language
any of the newest articles were in.

> It must be noted that he is the only one on the entire wikipedia (all wikipedias took together) to pretend speaking a "Moldovan language" different from the Romanian one. Just take a look at [[:en:Category:User mo]], [[:mo:Category:User mo]], [[:ro:Category:User mo]], [[:ru:Category:User mo]].

How do you know that there aren't any people claiming to speak
Moldovan at, say, the Gujarati Wikipedia? Did you check? (to save you
some time, the answer is, no, there aren't, but then, there are over
200 Wikipedias)

> Moreover he himself places himself at level mo-2. I can assure you this guy isn't able to write correct text in Moldovan. Any native Moldovan can tell you the same  (in fact, this is why he keeps copying articles from ro.wiki).

"Correct text" is what you would expect from someone that claims mo-4
or mo-5. "Intelligible text" is what you should expect from someone
who claims mo-2.

> While no native Moldovan editor exists, the Moldovan wikipedia will continue to be a political statement that exacerbates nationalisms from Romania, Russia, and Moldova itself, and a playground for clever and stupid trolls.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And what did our Moldovan friends who DID
actually edit, do? They fixed and/or posted articles in Cyrillic, with
the exception of Pavel. How is it any more of a playground now than it
was then?

> It should be closed until a native Moldovan editor requires its re-opening and assumes admin rights.

The majority of voting Wikimedians disagree.

> This argument has already been put forward here [[:meta:Proposals for closing projects#What decision makers need to know]].

Sorry, but votes is votes.

I seem to remember before when you were whinging about how mo.wiki
should be closed because a fair and democratic vote said it should be.
But now, you're saying we should toss out democracy because it doesn't
agree with you.

Hey, at least I could claim the vote was rigged because it restricted
people on unfair grounds, but you... no... all Wikimedians are allowed
to participate here.

Your only protest seems to be, "The voters aren't smart enough to make
an informed decision. Thus, you should listen to me, and not them."
Way to go. I thought you liked democracy, what with you and all your
friends telling me how I was anti-democracy and how evil that is...
but apparently, you like rigged elections too.

Mark