[Wikipedia-l] Sort?

Berto albertoserra at ukr.net
Fri Jun 23 11:43:44 UTC 2006

Hi!

>Perhaps something like a system message which defines a wiki's search order
>and which letters the wiki will treat as equivalent?  And something so that
>searches for, say, "pago" could turn up results like "págo" and "pàgo"
>(since the accents would be ignored)?

Yes, this would be the most practical solution to localise sorting orders.

As per accents, so far all we can do is manually input tons of redirects to
ensure the search will give a proper result... maybe a bot could do it for
us? Such redirects should somehow be marked, though, so that we can trace
them and kill them all once the bug is fixed.

Bèrto