[Wikipedia-l] Wikia's new CEO

Selina . wikipediareview at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 21:58:58 UTC 2006

> Selina . wrote:
> > Go to https://sos-res.state.de.us/tin/GINameSearch.jsp and search for
> > "Wikia" and it says it's "NOT IN GOOD STANDING" - I don't know what that
>
> > means, but it doesn't sound like a good thing.
>
> Wow, that is just staggeringly dishonest.  You do know that people can
> click on the link and look for themselves, don't you?
>
> What it actually says is: "THIS IS NOT A STATEMENT OF GOOD STANDING"
>
> Wikia is in good standing, but the point this website is making is that
> this is not where you look that up.
>
> --Jimbo

(Argh it's so annoying that you can't link directly, I tried messing around
with the form input but it says "Illegal attempt", lol, talk about Assuming
Bad Faith ;))
Sorry, I wasn't being "dishonest" (hey, AGF?) I didn't know the difference,
without the explanation it sounds like the meaning's the same ~shrug~ i.e.
if the government statement about something is "bad standing" I thought it
must be talking about the organisation - my mistake -.-

Fred: Read my other post ("I'm not saying anything bad is going on at all,
but there's no way for the public to know if everything's kept secret."),
I'm not claiming anything, I misworded that - what I meant is how it COULD
be used for Wikia and no one would basically know

However I don't think it's that much of a risk I just was surprised it
wasn't as open as I thought it would be, and worried when I read stuff
posted on WR which sounded pretty dodgy (that topic I referred to -.-) -
I've basically satisfied my curiousity and won't bring it up again, it
sounds like the fears of others (I never posted in the topic, but read it..)
may just be that, worries :)

--
Selina - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mistress_Selina_Kyle?oldid=55639088
/ <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mistress_Selina_Kyle?oldid=55639088/>

http://wikipediareview.com/?showuser=1
"I *do* think criticism is good for Wikipedia [...] Good quality criticism
is valuable, and Wikipedians should listen to it, and actually make changes
based on it. Are there corrupt administrators, then we should get rid of
them." --Jimmy Wales ( http://wikipediareview.com/?showtopic=1693 )