[Wikipedia-l] bureaucrats changing userrights?

Roman Maurer roman.maurer at amis.net
Sun Jun 4 20:16:21 UTC 2006

Hello!

I have bureaucrat status on sl-wiki.  Recently there was a situation in which I
wanted to revoke certain person promotion to bureaucrat, because the nomination
procedure was not followed.  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:User_rights
says that bureaucrats can change such user rights.

When I tried to visit the http://sl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Userrights,
MediaWiki said that I am not authorized to do anything on this page (ie.: "You
should have userrights permissions. See Wikipedia:Administrators").  Same
situation is on http://sr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Userrights (I have
bureaucrat status there too).

I need some clarification.  Are local bureaucrats really supposed to change user
rights, as written on Meta, or not?  If they are, is there anything we should do
before we can use them?
--
        Pozdrav,
          Roman  (romanm at sl-wiki)