[Wikipedia-l] The New Yorker on Wikipedia

Dirk Riehle dirk at riehle.org
Mon Jul 24 12:22:32 UTC 2006

The observation itself I find interesting. Would you agree or
disagree that the number of leading women in Wikipedia is
disproportionaly larger in comparison to the overall Wikipedia
contributor population?

> http://www.riehle.org/computer-science/research/2006/wikisym-2006-interview.html
> > ) I only got women's names. Must have to do with the inborn shyness
> > of males to promote themselves.
>
>Er, what? As opposed to women's innate abillity to brag? Since when
>are men typically shy?
>
>Sample size of 3 doesn't tell you much except about those three people.

Well, I may or may not have learned something about those who I asked
to make a recommendation, and I may or may not have learned something
about those they recommended. But I did learn something about humor
on mailing lists (and this after 15 years in the business).

Dirk