[Wikipedia-l] Campaigns Wikia

Ronald Chmara ron at Opus1.COM
Fri Jul 14 06:20:12 UTC 2006

On Jul 10, 2006, at 9:47 PM, rose.parks at att.net wrote:
> Thank you, Andre.
>      The message I posted was purposely written with the intention of
> saying nothing either positive or negative. And, the main reason for
> that is that I am not familiar with the site and have formed no
> opinions about it.
> From: "Andre Engels" <andreengels at gmail.com>
>>> So? It's not a Wikimedia project, but a private wiki. Not every wiki
>>> has to be NPOV and without ads (and wikia is a commercial wiki
>>> provider, so they're bound to have ads).
>> So? So nothing. Ruth is just warning people who expect to get to some
>> kind of Wikipedia as to what to actually expect.

If I go to google.com, I do not expect the wikipedia.
If I go to wiki.org I do not expect the wikipedia.
If I go to twiki.org I do not expect the wikipedia.
If I go to emacswiki.org I do not expect the wikipedia.
If I go to pbwiki.com I do not expect the wikipedia.
If I go to wiki.x.org I do not expect the wikipedia.
If I go to wikia.com I do not expect the wikipedia.

Wiki != wikipedia. (NOT(!) equal to (=) wikipedia, for those  who don't
know this code syntax)

I have no idea why andre thinks  he knows "what to actually expect"
from yet another wiki idea... Looks like after viewing the 708 million
hits on google for 'wiki', he has concluded that 1,500 wikis out of
708,000,000 hits determine the future of wikipedia.

Perhaps I should ask for stock tips?

-Bop
--
4245 NE Alberta Ct.