[Wikipedia-l] Protest!!!!

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 08:04:02 UTC 2006

2006/7/9, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <alphasigmax at gmail.com>:

> > I apologize for my message; I should have kept this internal tot the
> > Dutch Wikipedia, since, as you write, it does not seem to be part of
> > general policy to remove local translations. Rather, this was
> > something of a single-person action. I am now therefore starting a
> > procedure to de-admin this specific person on nl:.
> >

> That's a bit harsh. Wouldn't it be easier to inform and educate them
> about their mistake and co-ordinate future translation efforts?

How do you educate someone who does not want to be educated? He is of
the opinion that he has done nothing wrong, GerardM agrees with him. A
number of other Dutch Wikipedians who have spoken out about this issue
have not.

You are right when you say I may have been too rash in starting the
procedure; however I feel fully in my right to continue it. All it
would have taken for me to stop the procedure was for him to say
"Sorry, it would have been better to first discuss it. I will try to
do better from now on." His only reaction to that is, "I have done
nothing to be ashamed of."

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels