[Wikipedia-l] Protest!!!!

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 11:04:13 UTC 2006

Andre Engels wrote:
> 2006/7/9, Alphax (Wikipedia email) <alphasigmax at gmail.com>:
>

>> That's a bit harsh. Wouldn't it be easier to inform and educate them
>> about their mistake and co-ordinate future translation efforts?
>>

> This user has deleted hundreds of pages without even notifying anyone
> that he did so. Several people have made comments about this; he still
> does not seem to be of the opinion that what he did was wrong. How do
> you educate someone who doesn't want to be educated?
Hoi,
When a message has nothing specific about the nl.wikipedia, and both
messages are good. It makes absolute sense to remove the local messages
because this allows for upgrades when they happen for a message. I do
not agree that he necessarily did wrong, quite to the contrary, I see
ample room for it having been a great piece of work. Now, what does it
take for people to first learn about the why, what and how WITHOUT
feeling this need to start "educating"? Please assume that things are
done in good faith.

The fact that several people comment does not necessarily imply that
something is wrong.

Thanks,
    GerardM