[Wikipedia-l] Protest!!!!

Finne Boonen finne at cassia.be
Sun Jul 9 09:35:09 UTC 2006

On 7/9/06, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:
> Recently, one person deleted a lot of MediaWiki pages on nl: because
> there was now a general translation. Apparently doing the same thing
> that others do is more important than doing the thing we ourselves
> think is best. I very much OPPOSE what is being done here, and would
> ask anyone to STOP FORCING US TRANSLATIONS WE DO NOT WANT!!!!!
>
> WikipediaNL has had MediaWiki software for over 3.5 years now, and we
> have changed things with good reasons. Don't undo that without good
> reasons yourself!!!

As far as I know what has happened is the following:
1) The dutch translation wich comes with mediawiki has been
initialised from the translations made at nl.wikipedia
2) The translation has been finished and references specific to
wikipedia have been removed
3) on the Dutch wikipedia messages wich where the same as the standard
translated messages have been removed

Finne/henna

> --
> Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
> ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels

"Maybe you knew early on that your track went from point A to B, but
unlike you I wasn't given a map at birth!" Alyssa, "Chasing Amy"