[Wikipedia-l] Where are the decision makers?

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 20:14:35 UTC 2006

I would have to object to the position taken by people who can make a
difference.

IMHO, all this Moldovan issue annoys you as much as it does me. I do not
want to dispute on this, as much as you do not want to read all this junk.

I am wondering if the Moldovan Wikipedia is such unimportant an issue. I
agree that it is a rarely used Wikipedia. And still, for an unimportant
Wikipedia, it does create a lot of headache to the entire community. If this
issue flames every three months on this mailing list and on all possible
Talk pages and triggers revert-wars on related English and Moldovan
Wikipedia articles, then I believe that there is obviously a problem.

Not that this entire dispute be fair or ethical - it is a dirty war that I
personally detest -, but is it an ethically correct position for those who
can make a difference to just ignore?

Is it so unimportant that a whole Wikipedia section could create confusion
and desinformation? Isn't Wikipedia supposed to provide a "free encyclopedia
of the highest possible quality"?

Personally for me, it is strange how people with the ability to take and
implement a decision, simply choose to ignore. All possible and impossible
arguments were already presented here, on the mailing list, and all over
the English and Moldovan Wikipedia, and on Metawiki. What rests to do is use
common sense to decide on this issue.

It is even stranger for me the way a decision already taken by stewards and
bureaucrats was simply ignored and not implemented.

But, then, it is up to the decision-makers to decide the stance to adopt. I
still hope that they will choose as soon as possible to stop deliberately
ignoring this issue. The problem is that this issue will not cease
re-appearing on this mailing-list. My reason for this is that an entire
country and population (this makes an approximate 3.5 million persons) are
incorrectly represented on Wikipedia. And one of these, or me - if no one
else does it -, will certainly re-open this discussion in a two-three months
time.

If you managed to read till this point, thank you.

Liviu

On 6/30/06, Brion Vibber <brion at pobox.com> wrote:

> Jacky PB wrote:
> > Where are the decision makers? Isn't there nobody
>
> No one else is interested in this issue, and getting involved would mean
> wasting
> a lot of time with people fighting a lot over something unimportant. The
> safest
> course is thus to leave a rarely-used wiki sitting there, same as we do
> with
> dozens of other rarely-used wikis and nobody minds.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Liviu