[Wikipedia-l] Change namespace names for Cebuano WP

Bentong Isles bentong_isles at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 04:43:04 UTC 2006

Hi all.

This is in reference to the Cebuano Wikipedia
(ceb.wp).

I would like to ask first of all, if it is possible to
change the namespace name "Wikipedia" into
"Wikipedya", as I noticed that some sites are doing
this. We have also been doing this "unofficially"; our
newcomer page, for example, is
[[:ceb:Wikipedya:Maayong pag-abot, higala!]] and not
[[:ceb:Wikipedia:Maayong pag-abot, higala!]]. But the
namespaces as known to the mediawiki software does not
reflect the namespaces as used by the community.

And if this possible, how can we contact a developer
to do this for us?

Thanks all.

--Bentong Isles
[[:ceb:User:Bentong Isles]]