[Wikipedia-l] Firmage's `Universe' needs tweaks

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Thu Jan 19 12:43:24 UTC 2006

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/business/technology/personal_technology/13651699.htm

"After taking a brief look, I'm convinced that Firmage [founder of
Digital Universe] still lacks a firm grasp of product development. The
site is confusing to access, ponderous to navigate and sloppily put
together."

In my opinion a rather accurate description of the product as
launched.  Note that the encyclopedia portion has not yet been made
available to the public, and that the media (and to some extent even
the Wikipedia article) tends to confuse Digital Universe with the
encyclopedia project.

Poor Larry, he seems to have gotten behind the wrong group.  But who
knows, maybe DU will be able to make a 180 once the encyclopedia
launches.

Anthony