[Wikipedia-l] Serbo-Croatian wikipedia

fallout at lexx.eu.org fallout at lexx.eu.org
Mon Jan 9 02:47:47 UTC 2006

> Dejan Cabrilo wrote:
>>However, community than agreed that "We are a Serbian Wikipedia, so
>>it's only normal to have that kind of bias".
> I certainly hope that's not a consensus opinion, because that's flatly
> unacceptable for any language's Wikipedia.  That all Wikipedia articles
>  must be written from a neutral point of view (which implies not from
> the  point of view of any nationality, ethnicity, or culture) is one of
> the  few absolutely non-negotiable Wikipedia policies.
> -Mark

While it is true, I also think that in some cases it's not that clear. For
example, most articles in Polish Wikipedia, when discussing some matters
often tend to focus on Poland (although it's more of a systemic bias than
non-NPOV). We also have separate "events in Poland" and "events outside
Poland" sections in all our year and day articles.

Ausir