[Wikipedia-l] Serbo-Croatian wikipedia

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Jan 9 01:32:44 UTC 2006

Milos Rancic wrote:

>On 1/8/06, Dejan Cabrilo <dcabrilo at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Like I said, this was a proposed policy, from May 2005 (the last time
>>I was active on Serbian Wikipedia, it was in part a response to the
>>fact that I overnight labeled a bunch of articles as POV, because I
>>found them to be essays on Orthodox Christianity, but obviously,
>>others realized the POV in supporting this policy). Still, it got 5
>>votes for, and 3 against. I think it describes the inherit POV of such
>>national projects.
>>

>1. You marked articles as POV without any intention to work on them.
>If you do the same on English Wikipedia, POV tag would be removed
>through some time.

That would not be very good etiquette on his part.  It seems
inconsistant to want to work on SH and telling people on SR what to do
at the same time.  It seems to be a matter of deciding where he wants to
put his energy.

>>The reason I am writing this is to show that national wikipedias are
>>inheritly biased - they can be very good on covering stuff like
>>nature, science, etc. but when it comes to more touchy topics, it will
>>be hard to get editors from different perspectives.
>>

>And what about Piere de Cuberten's nazism? No one wrote anything about
>that on English Wikipedia.

Then it's not surprising that I had not heard about this until now.  I
know that he was associated with the Olympics but have nevers been
interested in knowing anything about him.  There are many topics like that.

Ec