[Wikipedia-l] Policy clarification: Undue weight (example)

Ian Tresman it at knowledge.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 19:11:05 UTC 2006

For those that are interested, as an example of an article where I
feel that significant material is being excluded on the grounds of
undue weight (and other pretenses), I would point people to an
article on "The Galaxy rotation problem".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_rotation_problem

A request for comments appears
at  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Galaxy_rotation_problem (see
the section RfC: The Galaxy rotation problem: Alternative theories).

I had already suggested text (see link in RfC introduction) that was
subsequently removed. Verification can be found in the following
subsection, Results.

This is typical of many articles where "alternative views" are being
completely removed.

Regards,
Ian Tresman