[Wikipedia-l] Policy clarification: Undue weight

Berto albertoserra at ukr.net
Mon Apr 10 11:48:55 UTC 2006

Hi!

> Leaving readers to form their own opinions is often done better by
> being *exclusive* than by being *inclusive* in many cases. Wikipedia
> should not be talking from both sides of the matter, but from neither
> side.

Easy to say so, when you talk chemistry... how are we supposed to present an
history of political thought? Many of these ideas are still alive and
present in the heads of the writers... And people having minority ideas
often are more active on the net (and therefore in WPs), than people having
a mainstream attitude. It's going to be them to make a vote about
inclusion/exclusion. Besides, there is NO objective criteria for undued
weight. Personally, I'd rather include more, then risk to find myself in the
position of those 19th century scientists who avoided speaking about
meteorites, because "obviously stones do not fly".

A wiki is a collection of knowledge, as far as ideas, techniques and
theories are concerned, space should be found for all of them. Then maybe
you get to build a category out of what was meant to be a single article.
But then, was it YOUR classification poor, or the article big?

Bèrto