[Wikipedia-l] Commons moving helper

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at web.de
Mon Apr 10 09:23:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

I recently noticed what a pain it can be to move image to commons,
especially with the image description. To help this issue, I now offer
this service:

http://magnusmanske.de/wikipedia/commonshelper.php

where you can enter the wikipedia language code and image name, and it
will generate a commons description consisting of link to original image
page, original contents, and wikified upload history.

It can also be called with the language/image as part of the URL:

http://magnusmanske.de/wikipedia/commonshelper.php?lang=de&doit=1&image=Struktur_Luftwaffenamt.PNG

For German language, it will also translate several copyright template
names (e.g., "{{Bild-GFDL}}") into the the English (commons) version.
This can be expanded for other languages as well.

Magnus