[Wikipedia-l] Policy clarification: Undue weight

Ian Tresman it at knowledge.co.uk
Sun Apr 9 16:14:52 UTC 2006

At 16:28 09/04/2006, you wrote:
>This is an on-going problem. It is done both by those who
>misunderstand the policy and by those with a point of view agenda.
>The only reasonable recourse is to patiently discuss the policy. I'm
>not sure the section on undue weight could be made any clearer. If
>you are unable to negotiate successfully with those who have a point
>of view agenda please use the dispute resolution procedure. Please
>don't edit war with them.

This is the one policy where I have had almost a year of
"discussion". I have tried various dispute resolution processes, and
am invariably told that it is a content dispute (presumably because
nearly all policy relates to content).

It seems to me that policy should be sufficiently clear for editors
to implement, not decide by consensus?

Regards,
Ian Tresman