[Wikipedia-l] "censorship" On Wikipedia

harry harrypasternak at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 29 18:06:30 UTC 2005

Without Prejudice

I attempted to post info on Wikipedia on the HIV=AIDS controversy - at
first my post was censored - then totally remove!

What I posted was info from  Dr. Kary Mullis, a biochemist who was
awarded the Nobel Prize For Chemistry - he invented the polymerase
chain reaction (PCR), a central technique in molecular biology which
allows the amplification of specified DNA sequences. I wonder how many
inventions or Nobel Prizes the Wilkipedia censor(s) have?

Dr. Kary Mullis states that there is not one scientific study published
in a scholarly journal with peer review the shows that "HIV is the
probable cause of AIDS" (notice PROBABLE). In Mullis book 'Dancing
Naked In The Mind Field" - Mullis states:

"I was going to a lot of meetings and conferences as part of my job. I
got in the habit of approaching anyone who gave a talk about AIDS and
asking him or her what reference I should quote for that increasingly
problematic statement, "HIV is the probable cause of AIDS."
After ten or fifteen meetings over a couple of years, I was getting
pretty upset when no one could site the reference. I didn't like the
ugly conclusion that was forming in my mind: The entire campaign
against a disease increasingly regarded as a twentieth- century Black
Plague was based on a hypothesis whose origins no one could recall.
That defied both scientific and common sense.

"Finally I had an opportunity to question one of the giants in HIV and
AIDS research, Dr. Luc Montagnier of the Pasteur Institute, when he
gave a talk in San Diego. It would be the last time I would be able to
ask my little question without showing anger, and I figured Montagnier
would know the answer. So I asked him.
With a look of condescending puzzlement, Montagnier said, "Why don't
you quote the report from the Centers for Disease Control?"
I replied, "It doesn't really address the issue of whether or not HIV
is the probable cause of AIDS does it?"
"No," he admitted, no doubt wondering when I would just go away. He
looked for support to the little circle of people around him, but they
were all awaiting a  more definitive response, like I was.
"Why don't you quote the work on SIV [Simian Immunodeficiency Virus]?"
the good doctor offered.
"I read that too, Dr. Montagnier," I responded. "What happened to those
monkeys didn't remind me of AIDS. Besides, that paper was just
published only a couple of months ago. I'm looking for the original
paper where somebody showed that HIV caused AIDS."
This time, Dr. Montagnier's response was to walk quickly away to greet
an acquaintance across the room. "

First of all, can your censors give me a reference to one (just one)
scientific study published in a scholarly journal with peer review the
shows that "HIV is the probable cause of AIDS"? If they can't, then all
of the dis-information on HIV=AIDS needs to removed from Wikipedia.

At the same time - your censors stated that Mullis's views on HIV+AIDS,
is in the minority (that most scientists believe that HIV is the
probable cause of AIDS) - again can I see the statistical reference -
that is, a scientific study published in a scholarly journal with peer
review  to that claim?

I am interesting in sponsoring a live audio debate (in aacPlus codec)
on the WWW - with Dr. Kary Mullis and anyone one of Wikipedia
"censors" or so-called "experts" on HIV=AIDS, I am sure that we would
have thousands of listeners (from readers of Wikipedia and other news
sources) - what date and time would "you" prefer for this debate so
that I can finalize arrangements with Dr. Mullis.

- Harry Pasternak