[Wikipedia-l] Individual Wikipedias for different Sinitic vernaculars (Cantonese debate) - update

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 05:18:04 UTC 2005

Kwan saamsang, Lei hou

How about writing a 5 or 6 sentence article on Hong Kong, in
colloquial written HongKong Cantonese?

And milchflasche, please be clear that I do not need an example for
myself - I have already seen them and I am convinced well enough. I
only requested an example to show doubters like you and shizhao that
there really is a difference, contrary to what you may believe.

Stirling, in both of these cases Wu and Cantonese would qualify for
separate Wikipedias under your criteria, as would Hakka (I don't know
about a movement for separate Hakka literature in the mainland, bt I
know there is one in Taiwan).

Mark