[Wikipedia-l] Re: Recipe

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 18:32:16 UTC 2005

David Gerard a écrit:

> I like the Spanish solution a whole lot. Andre, Anthere, what do you think?
>

> - d.

But David... of course I would agree with it.

This was basically the essence of my proposal last october :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia%3ARecipes_proposal

It was not supposed to be a rule, but only a set of guidelines.

But there could be no final agreement on it since

* there were some people strongly in favor of full removal of all
recipes. So they opposed it in principle (Gentgeen and Andre I suppose
would)

* there were some people strongly in favor of keeping them all in Wikipedia.
So they opposed it because they feared some recipes would be moved
(Jamesday for exemple)

* and many people who just generally agreed.

But since there were people willing to keep it all and others willing to
delete it all, nothing got out of it.

Conclusion : all recipes were removed, according to Gentgeen by
consensus. His consensus.

What else to say ?

All I felt I could do was at least to remove a rule which is obviously
not making consensus amongst ourselves. I think it is ridiculous to have
rules which were never voted for and are clearly not agreed upon. Only
on anarchic Wikipedia could we find such a situation :-)))) Funny Wikipedia.

Anthere