[Wikipedia-l] recipes

ilooy ilooy.gaon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 05:27:51 UTC 2005

Salut Anthere,
I regret to hear that the recipies have been
deleted. Obviously someone put the effort
in collecting the information and posting it.

There are other places on Wikimedia's
sister projects where the information would
be welcome. For example, wiktionary, where
if I were to visit 'gazpacho' I would hope there'd
be a simple recipe I could find, because it
describes the dish by giving its way of
making the soup. Also Wikibooks would
be a great resource, a Wikirecipe Book
would be an excellent solution. Or Wikisource
where a text or collection of texts could be
posted on step-by-step recipies for dishes.

But all these solutions aside, the first step
would be to talk this out before anyone gets
delete-finger happy. Watching out for abuse
and misuse is entirely understandable, but
deleting recipies without discussion and
a call for solutions seems contrary to
wikietiquette. At least in my point of view.

Let the recipies find a home!

Since,
Jay B.