[Wikipedia-l] Re: recipes

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 08:18:12 UTC 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:42:51 +0900, Guillaume Blanchard
<gblanchard at arcsy.co.jp> wrote:

> I don't see good technical reasons (= technical solution that couldn't
> be done on WP) to move lexicological information outside of Wikipedia
> but it's not the point. Move cooking information (or a day sport, tv,
> celebrities, etc.) outside of the encyclopedia is not legitimate as far
> as you don't give reason why is not encyclopedic (witch is impossible if
> we don't all us the same definition of what a encyclopedia is). "Present
> the whole spectrum of human knowledge" is close to my own definition,
> but I'm not sure everybody where have the same definition and it's
> clearly not the way we are following removing recipes. I agree the fact
> we need some limit to the "whole spectrum", but I'd like to have a
> definition of this limit. "Things that didn't interfere life of wide
> human group" ?

In my opinion, an encyclopedia is in the first place a work of
reference, and from that I get my idea of what should be in Wikipedia:
All that normally would be found in some reference work (some
"encyclopedia of such-and-such"). That also makes me more deletionist
than people like you, probably.

Andre Engels