[Wikipedia-l] recipes

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 03:15:43 UTC 2005

I haven't commented on recipes before,  so I'll just say briefly:
Good recipes are great, dense sources of information.  They are
important parts of any good description of a given dish.  So any dish
which is deserving of an encyclopedia entry should include at least
one recipe, if not one for each culturally significant variant.

  Example:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/bertrand_sereno/550528/

Choosing one recipe to represent the collection of possibilities for a
dish is no more POV than choosing one quote to represent a poem, book,
film, or famous wit.  The thought of recipes being banned from WP [by
people who clearly know nothing about them, nor have any idea of the
number of significant literary works inspired by or devoted to
recipes] gives me indigestion.

+sj+

[ As with any new type of content, there is a need for good models of
encyclopedic usage for others to follow.  Suggestions from recipe
lovers? ]