[Wikipedia-l] Re: recipes

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 21:05:05 UTC 2005

Ashar Voultoiz a écrit:
> Anthere wrote:
>
>>Excuse me. The page is not deleted, the recipee is deleted.
>>
>>The page was not deleted, I did not restore it against community choice
>>of deletion. I merely did a revert.
>>
>>I rarely use sysop powers :-)
>

> Fine. It did not understand that when reading your message :o) At first
> it was a bit disturbing to read you had restored a deleted article, but
> if that is just an edit war ... it is fine 8-)

Yeah, it was I who was unclear Hashar. Not using the right term.

>>IT WAS NOT A DELETION. It was Gentgeen removing a recipee from a page.
>>This is ONE person.
>

> Have a talk with him, maybe he is not aware of previous talk related to
> receipes deletion / removal ?
>
> cheers,

Oh yes ! He is aware of it. He is the main supporter of moving them. And
the one who transwikied the majority of them. And the one who revert
each time some restore them. He is the gardian of recipes :-)

It is hopeless :-)

Just hopeless.

I tried to find a middle way, to make a suggestion, but there could be
no agreement because Gentgeen and a few decided the recipes should not
be there, while others decided all recipes belong to the encyclopedia.

But, as long as there is NO rule, it is just a question of balance.
Regular edit wars you would say. Another very bold editor can come and
become the new gardian later. And possibly be an inclusive gardian of
dish articles, so many recipees will find their way back.

If it is a rule, then those restoring may be blocked for not respecting
a rule. Huge difference.

------

In effect, looking at the past 3 months, I think there are not much new
recipes, so I suppose any daring adding one is immediately stopped in
its activity. So, the result is just that a branch of wikipedia was cut
in its growth. We made a bonsai !