[Wikipedia-l] Re: Portals, flags, chaos

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Tue Jan 11 22:42:41 UTC 2005

On Jan 11, 2005, at 10:05 AM, Delirium wrote:
> Jens Ropers wrote:
>> I would like to object to being called a "nationalist hatemonger" by
>> Brion Vibber:
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?
>> title=Www.wikipedia.org_portal&diff=88985&oldid=88979
>>
>> Brion also accused me of "nationalist vandalism" and threatened to
>> block me from editing Meta:
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?
>> title=Www.wikipedia.org_portal&diff=88985&oldid=88979
>
> This is wholly inappropriate on Brion's part.  There is a *lengthy*
> discussion on the talk page over using or not using flags, which is
> largely reasonable on both sides, and there was no indication on
> Jens's part that he was adamant about including the flags, or would
> revert their removal, merely that he thought their inclusion made for
> a better page than not including them.  Brion did not participate in
> this discussion, and merely came by later calling people names and
> threatening to abuse his server admin access to block them.

As you're aware, I'm a big jerk. However I didn't threaten to abuse my
server admin access to block him; if I were going to, I'd have no need
to call him names.

I do though predict that the sort of people who do the blocking thing
will end up blocking him eventually if he continues to abuse the open
editing system on the portal by returning them again after they were
correctly removed (again).

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)