[Wikipedia-l] Re: Portals, flags, chaos

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Tue Jan 11 18:05:50 UTC 2005

Jens Ropers wrote:

> I would like to object to being called a "nationalist hatemonger" by
> Brion Vibber:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?
> title=Www.wikipedia.org_portal&diff=88985&oldid=88979
>
> Brion also accused me of "nationalist vandalism" and threatened to
> block me from editing Meta:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?
> title=Www.wikipedia.org_portal&diff=88985&oldid=88979

This is wholly inappropriate on Brion's part.  There is a *lengthy*
discussion on the talk page over using or not using flags, which is
largely reasonable on both sides, and there was no indication on Jens's
part that he was adamant about including the flags, or would revert
their removal, merely that he thought their inclusion made for a better
page than not including them.  Brion did not participate in this
discussion, and merely came by later calling people names and
threatening to abuse his server admin access to block them.

-Mark