[Wikipedia-l] Yet another portal page

Gerard Meijssen gerardm at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 10 17:09:07 UTC 2005

Alfio Puglisi wrote:

>Please now have a look at
>
>http://www.tommasoconforti.com/portal3.php
>
>(note the "3"). Only works with English, German, French and Italian
>browser settings, to save on typing. Any errors are Google translation fault:-))
>
>This version translates all the top banner and adds "Go" box with text in
>your language, and a drop-down selection of the available languages, with
>yours selected first. Try changing your browser from en: to fr: or it:.
>
>If you change the language preference and reload, your browser might
>retain the drop-down box selection (Firefox does), so you won't see the
>new one automatically selected. In that case, try clearing your cache
>(Firefox has a special cache for form data that needs to be cleared).
>
>Strings are hard-coded inside the script. Moving them to an
>external configuration file is not a problem.
>
>Alfio

Hoi,
I like it, it is a nice experiment, one thing you could add is the
template with all the sisterprojects. A great example of what this could
look like can be found on the Commons Main Page. Another thing to
enhance it, is by adding the picture of the day as featured on Commons.
You add a little colour and a picture and as a result it is a bit more
cheerfull. :)

Thanks,
    GerardM