[Wikipedia-l] Re: wikipadia

Arne Klempert wikipedia at klempert.de
Sun Jan 9 23:47:40 UTC 2005

Jens Ropers wrote:
> Yea. I think it's much more important that we get the two remaining
> generic wikipAedia domains under our control (wikipaedia.org and
> wikipaedia.com). Because unlike with wikipadia.org, people are
actually
> likely to make the "mistake" of typing "wikipaedia". I did a lot of
> research on wikipaedia.org and wikipaedia.com many months ago and
> someone from VereinDE-l wanted to look into this (it's much better if
> the German association takes care of this because the
> registrant/cybersquatter is German) but after I sent some reminder the
> issue just seems to have died, with nobody being particularly
> interested...

You talked to me. It's still on my to-do list. Sorry for the delay but
in the meantime I decided to wait until "Wikipedia" is registered as a
trademark in the EU (according to Jimbo the paperwork for this is done).
I know that a registered trademark is not necessary, but from my
experience it would help us a lot in getting the problem solved without
long discussions.

-Arne
[[de:Benutzer:Akl]]