[Wikipedia-l] Re: A portal page for www.wikipedia.org

Pete/Pcb21 pete_pcb21_wpmail at pcbartlett.com
Sun Jan 9 22:41:02 UTC 2005

Many thanks for your responses Anthere.

That even french journalists quote www.wikipedia.org was surprising to
me (I know journalists are dumb... but wow!) However if they do that
then it is something we need to work with. If this is the case, then I
can see practical advantages of a multi-lingual portal. Before I could
only seen the symbolism of "Wikipedia is international" my having a
multi-lingual and I am not a big fan of symbolism without practical
advantages.

Thus if, as you agree is a good idea, we can get a good-looking page,
then doubters like me can be won over.

P.s. re the poll, I do realise this has a decent amount of support and a
new poll isn't necessary to my mind, my point was supposed to be about
something slightly different, but am not quite sure what :)