[Wikipedia-l] Re: www portal: "The Free Encyclopedia" in Japanese?

Andy Rabagliati andyr at wizzy.com
Sun Jan 9 11:27:17 UTC 2005

Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> a écrit:

> Not a prediction. It was already done. And reverted.
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Www.wikipedia.org_portal&oldid=88466
>
> Opinions ?

I have read the discussion here on the con's, and have not seen any of the pro's.

I like it. We should get past the supposed political incorrectness and
see it as /easy/, /visual/, and /obvious/.

I live in South Africa - predominantly English, but with significant
other languages, and (for example) a nascent Afrikaans encyclopedia.

What flag for Afrikaans ? Maybe the beautiful new South African Flag ?

Sigh - visions of panties getting into a knot.

What flag for English ? The crusty old country, or the defender of democracy ?

I do not think North Americans mind it being the British flag.

It is just a portal - moving you quickly on to your destination.

Cheers,    Andy!

~~~~ :wq

[[en:User:Wikiwizzy]]