[Wikipedia-l] Re: Bibliography

Gerard Meijssen gerardm at myrealbox.com
Sun Jan 9 07:25:47 UTC 2005

Karl Eichwalder wrote:

>Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> writes:
>

>>From the beginning one of the purposes of the "Author" pages in
>>Wikisource has been bibliographic.
>>

>I consider Wikisource as superfluous.  We should join forces with the
>"Project Gutenberg" (that's what I do).
>
>Please, re-read this thread.  Author pages are not good enough.  We need
>a database system that you can query with well define protocols like
>[[de:Z39.50]]

If a database system is called for, Wikidata is the ticket. As databases
are projects in their own right, there should be a positive nod from the
board before we implement these. At the moment we do not have Wikidata
and two projects with a need for the functionality (Wiktionary and
Wikispecies). Obviously if you want to make a project for a Bibliography
system you need people to work on this.

Thanks,
    GerardM