[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Note: Obscene language on Tsunami Article]

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 07:03:28 UTC 2005

Gerard Meijssen a écrit:
> Anthere wrote:
>
>> Everything approved at some point on en, ultimately is applied on
>> other projects...
>

> This is exactly the reason why it is correct that things to do with
> en:wikipedia only should be discussed on the en:wikipedia mailing list.
>
> This mailing list is to deal with all things wikipedia. When the
> en:wikipedia decides for all projects, it is hardly NPOV. I am sure that
> many feel ill at ease with the systemic bias that gives us everything
> what is decided in the en:wikipedia context. I believe that with the
> growth of the other projects it becomes less acceptable that the English
> language wikipedia decides how things will pan out. Yes, people could
> vote on en:wikipeda but do not, because it is not their project.
>
> Thanks,
>    GerardM

You know...

Given the complaints we sometimes can read now about "why was this
decision taken and we never heard about it" from english editors, I
think we can basically say that most decisions are now not taken any
more by english wikipedia.

Though, it still is the case for software features. Typically, a feature
such as the one suggested by Jimbo, will mostly interest english
editors, because the english wikipedia is basically the one project
really suffering vandalism on its most famous current event articles.
Since other pedias do not have yet this problem, they are hardly
motivated to discuss it yet. When this will happen, the decision will
already have been taken. This is a systematic bias we can not really do
anything against ;-)