[Wikipedia-l] Re: A portal page for www.wikipedia.org (was Re: Whywww.wikipedia.org => en.wikipedia.org ?)

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Sun Jan 9 03:28:56 UTC 2005

This is an idea for making an icon for "Complete list of languages". I
may do this myself if people like it and if no one else does it (and IF
I get around to it/can be arsed):

- select a bunch of Wikipedias at random from the Complete list of
languages.
- look up flags corresponding to each laguage (Drop from the list any
Wikipedias selected where there isn't an unambiguous flag.)
- make small 30x20 inline image size pictures from the flags
- arrange these pictures in random order on a line with an ellipsis at
the end (signifying "there's more")

This should look like this

I reckon something along these lines would make a pretty good and
unambiguous image to use on http://www.wikipedia.org instead of the
English phrase "Complete list of languages".

Comments?