[Wikipedia-l] Re: Bibliography

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Sat Jan 8 06:22:58 UTC 2005

"Caroline Ewen" <caroline at web.lu> writes:

> Don't get me wrong but why would there be a need for a tool to create a
> bibliography ? It's all quite simple: Surname, NAME, Title in italic, Edited
> by..., City, Year.
>
> Or did I misunderstand the whole "technology for bibliographical
> records"-thing ?

A wikibiblio is at least as useful as wikisource or wikiquote, somehow
I'd consider it as part of the commons project.

In Germany, the national bibliographical institute (DDB) does not
provide easy and free access to their record database as the LoC does in
the USA.  It's a waste of time that we have to enter those data again or
again (or making use of foreign services like the LoC).

And even the LoC does not have a database of articles of journals, AFAIK.

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                           |      ,__o
                                                        |    _-\_<,
                                                        |   (*)/'(*)
Key fingerprint = F138 B28F B7ED E0AC 1AB4  AA7F C90A 35C3 E9D0 5D1C