[Wikipedia-l] Tangent on obscene language thread.

Phil Sandifer sandifer at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 7 17:06:10 UTC 2005

One thing strikes me about this e-mail that makes a part of me say "Oh,
well, good then" when I see it, which is the author's comment that she
was unaware that Wikipedia accepted external submissions. Not that I
think seeing a vandalized article is a good thing, but that... it is
probably a good thing that she learned what kind of resource Wikipedia
is and how it works.

So I take this as a sign also that we should probably do more to make
users aware that they can edit Wikipedia.

-Snowspinner