[Wikipedia-l] [Note: Obscene language on Tsunami Article]

Arwel Parry arwel at cartref.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 15:43:00 UTC 2005

It's depressing to see how many times the Indian Ocean earthquake
article has been vandalised and reverted. I think Jimbo's proposal is
pretty good, but with the slow speed of the servers recently maybe 10
minutes isn't long enough.

I have previously defended the right of anyone to edit Wikipedia, but
I'm afraid I'm increasingly coming to the view that anonymous users
should be prevented from editing articles, or at least from editing
anything linked to the main page. I would like to propose that we
institute a policy of imposing immediate 24 hour bans, without prior
warning, on any anon user that vandalises an "extremely popular" page as
defined by Jimbo, or a page linked to the main page.

--Arwel (User:Arwel Parry)

In message <20050107150258.GT22568 at wikia.com>, "Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales"
<jwales at wikia.com> writes

--