[Wikipedia-l] Re: A Solution to Larry Sanger's Criticisms - Project Has Been Around For A While

Stirling Newberry stirling.newberry at xigenics.net
Fri Jan 7 14:51:02 UTC 2005

On Jan 7, 2005, at 8:23 AM, Fred Bauder wrote:

> In cases of expert academic POV pushing their efforts remain obvious,
> but
> definitely the ante is upped, perhaps beyond our current ability to
> deal
> with. However we must develop this capacity or accept a mediocre
> product.

I am in absolute agreement that we must expand the number of "experts"
contributing to wikipedia - even one or two can make a huge difference
in an section of articles, particularly if they create a project, and
serve as a contact point. We also must develop resources to encourage
it - and citations are big part of getting experts "into the loop".