[Wikipedia-l] A portal page for www.wikipedia.org (was Re: Why www.wikipedia.org => en.wikipedia.org ?)

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at web.de
Fri Jan 7 09:14:00 UTC 2005

Anthere schrieb:

>I suggest that some people try to come up with some
>good designs and that we get done with this. For
>example, this might be a conceptual proposition
>(http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/What_to_do_with_www.wikipedia.org-mav%27s_Prop)
>but it could need a graphist to polish it.

I once had a demo site (somewhere...) that would display all languages
like the above page, *but* highlight the language(s) from the HTTP
language settings. So, for me, en and de would be highlighted, but all
would be displayed. Makes it easier to find what you're likely to look
for, but still possible to find everything you want.

Magnus