[Wikipedia-l] Re: Harassing is not OK

jneden at bellsouth.net jneden at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 5 07:00:38 UTC 2005

All Wikipedians,

> Olve Utne (who is starting to get a bit sick of this peck-order-oriented
list...)

I have to agree with Olve. And that is largely why I have not felt like paying attention to wikipedia-l lately.  Sorry I haven't been around to voice my opinions against this idiocy. I do not have clearly defined convictions as to the interactions of both parties here (mainly Mark and YOU, harassment squad), but I am certain that this peck-order rudeness is not what Wikipedia needs to be. In fact, I dare say that this stuff needs to end here and now. If I were completely new to Wikipedia and signed up for wikipedia-l, I'd unsubscribe in a heartbeat. Leave Mark W. alone and get on with your lives.

Ooh, and I abbreviated here. Sorry. (Referencing a rude, old e-mail from a certain party which I felt no urge to respond.)

Have a great day. Takk, Ovne. Du forstår Wikipedia-l vel, og jeg er glad i deg for det. Nå skal jeg snakke norsk! (GOD it's been too long. Almost two years since I used Norwegian seriously. At least I can tell you something in Norwegian that people will not undertand literally in English. High five for Nordmenn -- we seem to get along well!)

Mark, you take care. Sorry I haven't been around. You have my support.

 ~ Jeremy

Agidoda tsalag, kenv; hla yagiliya wigiquediya. (Funny how my identity is meddled with languages, isn't it?)

Dear Yann, Gerard & al.,

I have noticed that some people find it amusing (or whatever it is) to
harrass (!) Mark W. Please stop with it -- Wikipedia has bigger problems
than some of you not agreeing with Mark W. Acceptance of escalated
personal attacks is one of them -- and it is not exactly like Mark W. has
been proven to have a monopoly on those...

Respectfully,