[Wikipedia-l] A Solution to Larry Sanger's Criticisms - Project Has Been Around For A While

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Tue Jan 4 12:34:33 UTC 2005

No way, an anonymous editor can cite references as well as anyone else and
it is not his bona fides that makes the reference good but the reputation
and authoritativeness of the reference. Anyone who has attended institutions
of higher learning is fully aware that formal qualifications mean next to
nothing and has probably learned that those who cite their degrees and
position as authority in the course of an argument rather than focusing on
evidence which might support their position do so because they are unable to
prevail using the evidence available to them.

Fred